Website Western Arizona Council of Governments (WACOG)
THE WACOG DIFFERENCE
Western Arizona Council of Governments (WACOG) recognizes and appreciates the strengths of our workforce. We strive to provide a professional and supportive environment where employees can achieve their career goals. The WACOG workforce is encouraged to focus on their strengths and abilities to reach their full potential.
WACOG’s Human Services Department is the core of our Community Action designation and purpose that provides pathways to self-sufficiency for individuals and families through service delivery and engagement in community-level initiatives within Yuma, La Paz, and Mohave Counties.
Under general supervision, coordinate services that assist clients in reaching their housing and financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
1) Conduct one-on-one intake and interviews with clients to determine financial and housing goals, obstacles to achieve those goals, and a plan to achieve success.
2) Create and maintain productive professional relationships with community resources to better promote and advocate clients’ needs with community resources.
3) Analyze household expenses and income and develop recommendations to achieve a sustainable budget.
4) Determine actionable steps to build a manageable plan by analyzing client’s current situation; work in tandem with the client to achieve actionable steps of plan; adjust plan as needed.
5) Act as an independent third party to determine the pros and cons of a reverse mortgage and its impact on the client’s current and future financial situation.
6) Work with housing counseling team members to determine and implement best practices, adjust work flow, and provide support to each other; work collectively to identify team goals and analyze progress.
7) Train program staff as needed and create training programs as appropriate.
8) Enter timely and accurate data into relevant systems and spreadsheets; provide accurate up-to-date supporting documentation for grant reporting purposes.
9) Prepare and submit USDA 502Direct and USDA 504 Loan Packages. Ensure that all packaging documentation is free of errors by following established quality assurance protocols.
10) Ensure all records are organized, up-to-date, and compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
11) Travel within WACOG service area, including overnight stays as needed; additional travel may be required.
12) Maintain reliable and predictable attendance; work outside of standard business hours as needed.
13) Utilize tact and discretion to maintain confidentiality of information and a positive image of WACOG.
14) Perform other duties as necessary to carry out the administrative/ programmatic goals and objectives of WAGOG and/or department.
The individual who holds this position must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The KSAs listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed for satisfactory performance.
– Detailed knowledge of the lending process including documentation to secure a mortgage
– Detailed knowledge of financial management
– Ability to counsel clients on a variety of topics including financial management, credit, and housing options
– Skill in maintaining accurate records
– Ability to be resourceful to address multiple obstacles preventing clients from achieving goals
– Knowledge of diversity and the acceptance and ability to adjust approach accordingly
– Skill in building rapport and trust with clients
– Ability to form and maintain professional and productive relationships with partner community agencies
– Ability to navigate through relevant software programs and Microsoft Office products
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
USDA 502Direct Certification within first six months of employment
Experience packaging mortgages
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Five years relevant experience
HUD Certification as a Housing Counselor
Current AZ. DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card/ Criminal History Affidavit/Central Registry Background Check Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
(Ability to secure and maintain a driver’s license valid in the state of Arizona, or an acceptable alternative means of transportation. May be required to drive an agency vehicle. Employees authorized to operate a private vehicle for WACOG business are required to carry liability insurance minimums. For purposes of vehicle insurance, minimum 21 years of age.)
The work environments are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
– Required to make occasional trips off-site by motor vehicle within the WACOG service area.
– May work with the public in home, office, or center environments that may risk exposure to irrational/hostile behavior, contagious diseases, or contact with domestic animals.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
– Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
– Manual dexterity sufficient to handle/feel/reach with hands and arms to operate standard office equipment.
– Vision ability to include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
– May require lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds.
DISCLOSURES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WACOG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WACOG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, appointment transition including promotion, training, termination, layoff, reinstatement, leaves of absence, compensation, and benefits.
WACOG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WACOG’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.