Website United Community Center
The United Community Center is seeking a Bilingual Housing Counselor for our Neighborhood Development Department to provide assistance to Milwaukee area residents in the areas of home buying, home improvement, and mortgage counseling to increase home ownership.
- Assist area residents in home buying efforts through financial and mortgage counseling to improve property condition, increase personal home ownership in the community, and reduce absentee landlord rental units.
- Investigates area residents’ concerns and complaints and provides assistance through referrals or personal contact with city or county agencies.
- Establish a strong working relationship with banks and mortgage institutions to provide services to area residents.
- Must help plan, organize, and facilitate seminars on issues of finance, mortgage, home improvement, etc.
- Cooperate with local law enforcement to establish a good line of communication, support, and work together in community neighborhood watch programs.
- Keep track of information needed for funding sources and ensure accurate reports and information are provided on a timely basis.
- Serve on community development program committees, task forces, workgroups, and oversee the agency’s participation in community development and improvement initiatives and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Good customer service, follow through, attention to detail, and good with numbers. Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office is necessary. Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with a background of Marketing or Finance or at least 5 years of experience in the areas of banking, mortgages, finance or home buying. Must be bilingual in Spanish – be able to speak, write, and read in Spanish. Must have certification In HUD counseling.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.