The UCC Housing Counseling Intake Specialist will report to the UCC Program Manager and contribute by receiving inbound calls or placing outbound calls consistent with the organization’s policies, procedures, and quality standards. The Specialist will encourage individuals to take the right steps toward positive financial change. This position is hybrid and will be based in Phoenix, Arizona.
SALARY: $42,161 – $47,044
- Provide customer service to and serves as the primary contact for prospective and current applicants to our Housing and Financial Empowerment programs.
- Share the benefits of our programs, gather information, and connect clients to our network of
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of client databases to track efforts and outcomes.
- Complete next-day appointment reminders for clients who are scheduled for a counseling session.
- Manage the no-show reminder report by ensuring weekly calls are placed to clients until the client is rescheduled or closed out.
- Assist clients by collecting budget information and adding information to our client management system.
- Manage outreach tracker reports to ensure phone calls are being made in a timely manner.
- Maintain client records.
- Process incoming applications for housing stability.
- Perform other duties as required by the Program Manager or designee.
- Associate Degree or working toward a degree in business, education, community development, or equivalent in education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a call center or customer support work environment.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values of (Excellent, Accountability, Respeto).
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the Latino community.
- Commitment to the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Intermediate level expertise in Excel, Word, Skype, and Office 365/SharePoint.
- Ability to pick up on concepts quickly and exercise appropriate judgment.
- Experience working in a housing counseling environment a plus.
- Certification as a HUD Housing Counselor or working towards certification a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus.
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
To apply for this job please visit unidosus.org.