The Senior Financial Empowerment Program Specialist is responsible for implementing one of the key programs within the UnidosUS Housing and Financial Empowerment component. The Financial Empowerment Network (FEN) is an initiative that mobilizes UnidosUS Affiliates that are service providers in their communities to become channels through which low-and moderate-income Latinos can access financial coaching that is culturally relevant and in Spanish or English. By opening these new channels, the Financial Empowerment Network will help hundreds of people a year access this essential service and make meaningful changes in their financial lives, supporting thousands more to take steps on their own to improve their financial well-being, and educating tens of thousands in the process.
The Financial Empowerment Network (FEN) is seeking a qualified candidate to support a national portfolio of the Affiliates participating in the project generally, and specifically manage a portfolio of Affiliates engaged in the FEN. Additionally, the Program Specialist will be expected to collaborate and communicate across teams to develop and expand new programs that help fulfill our mission.
This is a hybrid position based out of Chicago, Phoenix, Washington, D.C., or New York. Exceptional candidates seeking to work remotely will be considered.
DC: $57,892 – $65,778
PHX: $51,524 – $58,543
NY: $61,712 – $70,119
IL: $56,156 – $63,805
- Lead a portfolio of Affiliates to successful performance in the Financial Empowerment Network through capacity-building, training and technical assistance.
- Liaise between the UnidosUS Counseling Connection team members and the Affiliates in the Financial Empowerment Network, optimizing the collaboration, troubleshoot problems that arise, and ensure successful adherence to the FEN’s established processes, which could include modifying processes and creating new ones where needed.
- Train Affiliates on the FEN’s data platform and client management systems – Salesforce, Blackboard, and QuickBase – and support their successful use of the system to track client progress and program performance.
- Work closely with the FEN Program Manager to assist in strategic planning and successful execution of program goals, including preparation of timeline, execution of schedule, organizing and delivering grants, and tracking reporting documentation.
- Create and deliver trainings on a regular basis, including to new Affiliates joining the program, and to Affiliates and other organizations on financial empowerment subjects of increasing specificity over time.
- Establish and maintain internal and external relationships that support the FEN and overall UnidosUS programming.
- Assist in development and implantation of project oversight procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required in a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing a program or project related to financial capability, asset building, or financial empowerment.
- Experience working as an intermediary or liaison with multiple organizations to achieve a common programmatic goal.
- Track record of utilizing data (quantitative and qualitative) to assess program’s performance.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the Latino community.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience in direct service provision required — experience as a financial coach or housing counselor is preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or QuickBase databases is a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals, prioritize among assignments, problem solve, and persist towards meeting goals.
- Ability to create systems, establish protocols, and recommend efficiencies.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values Excellence, Accountability, Respeto.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills (internal and external) and a professional attitude in representing UnidosUS to different audiences.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Be willing to travel on a variable schedule, on occasion reaching as high as 50% of work schedule.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills required.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
- Sit for long periods of time
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently/Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift/push light weights up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust or focus
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- The noise level in the work environment usually is quiet to moderately loud
• All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID – 19.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
To apply for this job please visit unidosus.org.