Website The Carolyn E. Wylie Center for Children, Youth and Families
The Carolyn E. Wylie Center is seeking a Full Time Housing Counselor. This position is responsible for providing housing and services to clients in a community-based setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Demonstrate initiative and adaptability when confronted with assignment shifts and stresses related to contractual deadlines.
- Have the ability to maintain confidences, exercise sound judgment and discretion, work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships. Work confidentially under stress of meeting deadlines.
- Maintain open communication lines among administrative staff as related to problem analysis and assessment; demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving abilities. Be able to make sound decisions and present evidence of the thought process involved in those decisions.
- Perform accurate arithmetical calculations, including decimals and percentages. Conduct all work with thorough attention to detail.
- Read and understand correspondence and procedures; analyze fiscal data and draw logical conclusions; define problems with clarity and brevity and recommend effective solutions; be able to verbally communicate with staff, contractors, and vendors, utilizing tact and The Wylie Center patience in problem management situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, and vendors, utilizing tact and patience in problem management situations.
- Follow oral and written instructions; write and print legibly, clearly, and uniformly to record information.
- File alphabetically, numerically, and chronologically accurately, organizing work in a logical, step-by-step order.
- Demonstrate skill in performing thorough and accurate data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue education/training to keep current on updates to the legislative process, accounting processes, techniques and skills, and other education/training required to maintain/upgrade skills and abilities.
- Skill in the use of appropriate and necessary computer applications in word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data management.
- Must embrace the core values of integrity, conflict management, and quality service.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and other laws concerning real estate and lending.
- Skill in oral and written communications sufficient to clearly convey and receive information and ideas
- Skill in interviewing under a variety of conditions, including the possibility of highly charged emotional demonstrations such as hostility, conflict, and frustration
- Skill in the use of basic computer applications in word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data management
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 – $34.00 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Housing Counseling: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Riverside, CA 92501
For questions, please contact our Human Resources Department at 951-683-5193, ext. 223
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.