Advise and educate individuals on financial and housing topics. Enhance program services by engaging community stakeholders. Empower customers to become financially stable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts community based educational workshops on housing and financial topics.
- Initiates internal and external outreach designed to identify new customers.
- Represents agency with stakeholders to expand agency awareness and enhance housing program services.
- Conducts one on one counseling sessions.
- Interviews customer to assess customer’s overall financial situation by reviewing income, assets, debts, expenses, credit reports or other financial information.
- Conducts thorough financial analysis and develop a plan to achieve their goals.
- Educates customers on financial and housing topics including but not limited to credit reports, loan products, down payment assistance programs, collections, foreclosure prevention strategies, fair housing.
- Coaches customer to develop skills needed to access resources and advocate for self.
- Provides ongoing follow-up and guidance as needed.
- Maintains and updates client management system and all other associated database systems.
- Gathers, packages and submits loan modification applications to mortgage servicers and advocates on behalf of customer for modification or foreclosure alternatives (where applicable).
- Gathers, packages and submits new loan applications to lenders on behalf of customers (where applicable).
- Actively engages in staff meetings and conference calls.
- Recruits customers and community partnerships to maintain and grow program’s service delivery.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Comply with National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
- Furthers counseling capacity through ongoing professional development.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Certification through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development as a HUD-Certified Housing Counselor Certification required within 6 months of hire date.
- Additional certifications may be required depending on service area.
- Six months or more experience in finance, banking or counseling/coaching.
- Bilingual may be required.
Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems.
- Problem-solving, arithmetic calculations.
- Public speaking and ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner, both orally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Occasional lifting (10-20 lbs)
- Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone
- Office and classroom setting – sitting and standing.
- Occasional overnight travel (3-5 times/year for 3-5 days)
All employees are subject to both a pre-hire and an annual background check. Specific rules by Line of Business will indicate whether a state or federal fingerprint background check (or both) is required and the frequency. A fingerprint background check may suffice for a regular background check. Additional background checks may be required such as the Child Abuse and Neglect State Registry, and the Sex Offender Registry.
Positions that Require Driving
- Telamon Corporation/Transition Resources employees that are required to drive a personal vehicle for work-related duties are to meet the auto insurance liability requirement. The minimum limits required are $100,000 each person bodily injury, $300,000 each accident bodily injury and $50,000 property damage. The insurance liability requirement covers use of an employee’s personal vehicle.
- Telamon Corporation/Transition Resources employees that drive a company-owned/rental vehicle must maintain a satisfactory annual motor vehicle record check.
- Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.