Website Take Charge America
THE OPPORTUNITY: Consumers contact Take Charge America for help with a variety of financial challenges, including housing instability. Our Housing Counseling team helps these clients work through immediate problems and create a path forward to help ensure clients can maintain safe, stable housing in the long-term.
THE ROLE: As a Housing Counselor, you provide counseling services for people who need help finding, obtaining, and maintaining affordable, sustainable housing. You do this by performing a comprehensive review of each client’s unique financial and housing situation and creating an action plan based on the client’s goals. You work with clients to identify, recommend, and complete action steps, such as applying for rental/mortgage and financial assistance programs, contacting the mortgage lender or landlord to develop possible solutions, and identifying repayment options for unsecured debts.
You follow all agency, state, national and federal requirements, and perform all activities consistent with HUD, NeighborWorks and/or other funder requirements.
After you complete three weeks of comprehensive training, you’ll be well-equipped to start taking calls. You’ll have ongoing training and support working with a team of highly-skilled counselors.
REQUIREMENTS/CHARACTERISTICS: What makes you a great Housing Counselor? • You have worked as a HUD-Certified Housing Counselor for 2 years or have other housing and financial industry experience.
- You have experience in foreclosure prevention counseling
- You love to listen, encourage people, and solve problems
- You’re flexible, empathetic and an effective communicator
- You have a desire to grow and expand your knowledge through cross-training opportunities in our credit counseling department
- You have a High School Diploma or GED — some college is great, too!
- If you’re bilingual, that’s a plus
CULTURAL FIT: A casual and diverse environment where compassion is key — everyone at Take Charge America is committed to helping consumers find solutions to their challenges. Whether working with clients or colleagues, we listen with empathy and respond with encouragement. WHY JOIN THE TAKE CHARGE AMERICA TEAM?
- Flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work
- $20 per hour to start with paid training
- Competitive health benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Benefits start the 1st of the month following 30 days of hire
- Health Savings Account with $480 annual company contribution
- Employee Wellness Program with a variety of discounts, prizes, ways to earn money back and low monthly gym access memberships
- 401k with employer match
- 13 PTO days per year to start, 9 paid holidays & one floating holiday
- Casual dress code: Jeans and sneakers welcome!
To apply for this job please visit ats.benchsmart.co.uk.