Website South Suburban Housing Center
Position Summary The Housing Counseling Support Specialist will function as the “first point of contact” for clients contacting our agency for assistance. The Support Specialist will be responsible for identifying client needs and assisting them through our intake process or actively providing referral resources for services not provided by SSHC. The Support Specialist will also provide administrative and case file support to the Housing Counseling program team, along with providing direct client outreach and support for various grant programs. Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for greeting and assisting clients on-site in a friendly and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively and professionally via the phone in a high call volume environment
- Represent the Housing Counseling Program as the initial point of contact, providing triage and intake, and scheduling appointments as needed
- Support the work of counselors through obtaining basic forms, authorizations, and documents from customers in preparation for counseling session and assist in follow-up communications with customers discussed in counseling sessions.
- Manage and provide housing counseling services by meeting one-on-one with clients interested in, but not limited to: homebuying and maintaining homeownership through delinquency counseling, and general financial education
- Actively manage and maintain client files using case management services in agency’s Client Management System
- Must be efficient with inputting counseling session notes in Client Management System.
- Assist with facilitating monthly workshops that include: homebuyer education, post purchase education, and financial education
- Assist the Housing Counseling Program Manager on any reporting needs and requirements
- Manage team calendar for staff meetings and vacation time
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Housing Counseling Manager
Competencies & Requirements
- Self-directed and well-organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy while interacting with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Time Management
- Critical, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Knowledge of credit reporting, financial management and lending products
- Proficient with the internet and computer software (Microsoft Office Suite products, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to represent SSHC in a professional and exceptional manner
- Knowledge of housing counseling program components and homebuying process
- Demonstrated commitment to fair housing and civil rights
Education & Experience
- Up to a minimum 1-year housing counseling experience or counseling administrative support is preferred but not required. College graduates welcome to apply.
- NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling NCHEC Certifications (Pre-and Post-Purchase, Homeownership Counseling, Financial Capability, Foreclosure Intervention (must obtain at least 2 certifications within 12 months of start date)
- HUD Housing Counseling Certification (must obtain within 12 months of start date)
- The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration
Employment Details SSHC is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff located in Homewood, Illinois. Normal office hours are weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position will require evening and weekend work. Candidates must have access to automobile transportation for some program work. Compensation The annual salary range for this position is $32,000 to $40,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. SSHC provides an option for fully subsidized medical and dental insurance coverage or a contribution into a 403B retirement plan. Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter, & counseling certifications to: Email: email@example.com Attn: Director of Homeownership Response Deadline: until position is filled (No Phone Calls Please) *Cover letter should include a brief statement about why you are interested in the position and how your qualifications align with this job opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit southsuburbanhousingcenter.org.