Website Quincy Community Action Program
Provide support to clients who are homeless, experiencing homelessness, or at-risk of homelessness and are experiencing depression with housing services via the QCAP’s Flexible Services Program. The Flex Services Coordinator will provide intake and assessment and on-going services to qualified clients. For clients facing eviction, the Flex Services Coordinator will provide rental assistance application support, including assistance in accessing funds and providing rental assistance funds, landlord mediation, and fair housing advocacy. For clients who need to obtain housing, the Flex Services Coordinator will provide housing search assistance, housing application assistance, and housing placement assistance. Each eligible client will work with the Flex Services Coordinator to develop their client service and stabilization plans, which will include referrals to other agency and community services as applicable.
Position Responsibilities (not all-inclusive):
- Serve as the Flexible Services Program primary contact point, advocate, and community informational resource for participants.
- Provide regular case management and referral services for identified clients to aid in reaching the goal of housing stability.
- Clearly document client plans and outcomes and maintain QCAP and Funder electronic databases.
- Perform client intake/interview to fully assess client strengths, needs, and identify the range of available programs and services that will best meet the identified needs of the client.
- Build, strengthen and foster strategic connections with key organizations and institutions throughout region with a focus on those that work with or house low-income families.
- Identify families that are at risk of homelessness and provide them with customized one-on-one support to stabilize their housing including the administration of financial assistance, landlord negotiation, mediation, fair housing counseling and ongoing coaching/case management.
- Assist clients in completing all appropriate applications for low-income and/or subsidized housing for which they might be eligible. Provide follow-up assistance with clients as needed.
- Refer and assist clients with applications for multiple program services as part of their case management.
- Work collaboratively with community partners to provide additional referral services.
- Obtain HUD Certification and participate in on-going training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social services, public health, or other related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with behavioral health clients preferred.
- HUD Housing Counseling Certification preferred.
- Three years of experience working in a related field.
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail is a must. Excellent project management skills, as well, organization, record keeping, initiative and follow-through abilities. Demonstrated ability to conduct effective client interviewing, to develop client case management plans and to document plans and client outcomes.
To apply for this job please visit www.qcap.org.