Website Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency
To strengthen NMCAA communities by empowering people to improve the quality of their lives through client advocacy, casework and education, and Financial Management Services public relations.
Customer Advocacy and Casework
- Evaluate customer need for Financial Management Services (FMS) Program by phone, walk-in, or appointment.
- Conduct pre-screening and application processing for Financial Management Services Program.
- Maintain an understanding of all programming to provide referral. Provide customer with extensive case-management assistance, maintenance of customer files in database complete with case notes as appropriate in one or more of the following areas in partnership with other Budget/Housing Counselor:
- Case management Budget Counseling
- Homeownership (first-time homebuyer)
- HUD Comprehensive Housing Counseling Program
- MSHDA Homeownership Counseling Program
- Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
- Individual Development Account (IDA)
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Support to homeless prevention case management
- Populate/maintain client billing databases and tracking.
Financial Management Services Public Relations
- Responsible for promoting good PR in the community through public speaking to inform the general public of NMCAA services.
- Present at outreach activities in the community, for example Saturday Specials and Project Connect, program presentations, booths at fairs or expos, and educational sessions.
- Utilize media (newspaper, radio, TV) and distribute/publish PR materials as needed for promotion of Financial Management Services Programs and Workshops.
- Maintain regular contact with customer groups and/or groups representing customer needs assessment and feedback on Financial Management Services Programs.
- Teach courses in Financial Fitness Curriculum and Homeownership including pre-purchase for first-time homebuyers, financial management and home maintenance workshops monthly.
- Review/update curriculum annually with FMS staff.
- BA or BS in human services field, accounting, business or equivalent.
- High School diploma with minimum 5 years work experience in related field.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Experience with low-income and/or at-risk individuals with low-income financial issues or home-ownership counseling / education.
- Utilize excellent communication skills in individual and group settings, good organizational skills, self-motivated, able to multi-task, ability to work independently and as an effective team member and have a commitment of the NMCAA mission.
- Experience with low-income and/or at-risk individuals, education, or customer service. Prior experience with housing counseling/education a plus.
Part time may lead to full-time position Budget/Housing Coach
Site: Open – 10 Counties
To strengthen NMCAA communities by empowering people to improve the quality of their lives through client advocacy, casework and education, and
Financial Management Services public relations.
BA or BS in human services field, accounting, business or equivalent.
High School diploma with minimum 5 years work experience in related field. Experience with low-income and/or at-risk individuals with low-income
financial issues or home-ownership counseling/education.
$18.11 per hour
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.