Website Northfield Community LDC of Staten Island
Building Thriving Communities Together
Housing Counselor Position Available – Bilingual a Plus
Salary: $42,000.00 – $45,000.00 Annually
Under the general direction of the Housing Program Director, the Housing Counselor will provide one-on-one housing counseling to clients to address their needs and problems. Housing Counselors will work with clients to achieve their housing goals. Clients will be in various stages of mortgage delinquency and foreclosure; will be seeking home repairs; affordable homeownership or affordable rental. Counseling will include household financial management/budgeting. This is a full-time exempt position with an annual salary of $42,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience. Our benefits include health, dental, paid holidays, annual leave, and sick leave.
· Complete intake and initial triage for client counseling protocols.
· Provide aid to clients with completing intake forms.
· Develop a client budget.
· Provide financial and housing affordability analysis.
· Create an action plan for each client, detailing necessary steps to resolve their need or problem, and follow up with clients in keeping with individualized action plans.
· Represent the homeowner in interventions and/or mediation efforts with the mortgage servicer, lender, and/or other stakeholders.
· Maintain an accurate roster of available resources including financial, legal, counseling, and other supportive services for internal and external referrals.
· Maintain thorough and complete files as required by the protocol.
· Complete required monthly data entry and reporting via a client management system.
· Attend community outreach events to expand and enhance department programs, services, and agency awareness.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Adhere to HUD regulations.
· Participate in industry training, webinars, and events.
· Successfully complete training workshops and receive HUD certification for housing counseling within six months.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish/Russian) a plus.
· Strong task management and computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong relationship-building skills.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
· Must receive HUD certification for housing counseling within six months of hire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· A bachelor’s degree or two years of relevant experience is required.
· Demonstrated experience in the mortgage lending industry a plus.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM; participation in occasional evening or weekend events.
TO APPLY: If you meet the qualifications, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com