Website NeighborWorks Housing Solutions
The Housing Counselor role is a key component of our HCEC program. Massachusetts HCEC programs offer expert advice to clients on a wide range of housing issues including; housing search, homelessness, home-buying, financial coaching, foreclosure prevention, tenant and landlord rights, and other housing related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NHS Housing Counselor provides comprehensive individual and group session counseling, foreclosure prevention/intervention counseling, financial & credit coaching, homebuyer education, and other key consumer education services. This position requires the use of independent judgement and decision-making skills as well as the ability to offer un-biased, individually tailored advice to clients with complex housing needs.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
· HUD Certification Required
· Experience counseling and managing a case load of clients with complex financial needs
· Ability to collect & organize complex material in clear and concise manner, and manage workload with a sense of urgency
· Ability to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to present information effectively for group presentations, and one on one counseling sessions
· Demonstrated skill in customer service, time management and prioritizing needs
· Ability to complete and maintain client records for each interaction to ensure compliance with program and federal standards.
· Proficiency in Microsoft programs and the ability to effectively operate standard office equipment.
· Preferred bi-lingual skills, as we serve a diverse community with many language needs
· Previous experience in the housing, financial, social services or real estate industry preferred
· Knowledge of housing trends and issues such as foreclosure, first time buyers, loss mitigation techniques, financial skills, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is primarily conducted in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
HUD certification (Required)
To apply for this job please visit nhsmass.org.