Website https://twitter.com/NHN_BK?ref_src=twsrcgoogletwcampserptwgrauthor Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Neighbors Helping Neighbors (NHN) is seeking a First-Time Homebuyer Counselor to provide prepurchase counseling and advice to homebuyers in Brooklyn and New York City. Join an experienced, fun, and creative team as we work to advance and protect affordable homeownership in New York City. We offer a great work environment with friendly co-workers who are passionate about their jobs. Our office is centrally located in Park Slope/Gowanus, a diverse neighborhood with easy access to transportation. NHN is a non-profit, community-based organization whose mission is to promote racial justice while empowering low- and moderate-income New Yorkers to fight for, secure, and maintain quality housing and build financial assets. NHN is a HUD-approved housing counseling agency providing homebuyer education and counseling, foreclosure prevention services, and tenant advocacy. NHN is an affiliate of Fifth Avenue Committee, a 45-year-old non-profit comprehensive community development corporation and NeighborWorks America chartered member. NHN staff are eligible to telecommute up to 2 days per week. Some evening and weekend hours will be required on a limited basis.
• Homebuyer education: Facilitate first-time homebuyer webinars, both internally at NHN and in collaboration with external partners.
• Intake and Assessment: Perform intake and assessment of individuals seeking homeownership counseling assistance. • Pre-purchase homebuyer counseling: Meet with prospective homebuyers to review their homebuying goals, analyze their credit and finances, develop a homebuying action plan and timeline, help them secure mortgage financing and down payment assistance, and provide ongoing support and advice.
• Data management: Record, maintain, and track counseling data using NHN’s Salesforce database
.• Outreach & retention: Play a lead role in building a homebuyer pipeline and driving new participants to the organization through grassroots marketing and networking. Work with Program Director to creatively develop systems to communicate with and provide support to nonready homebuyers. This may include ongoing social media, developing peer-to-peer support networks, or other methods.
• Training, knowledge-building, and certification: Attend regular training sessions to be informed of industry trends and receive up-to-date information regarding homebuyer counseling. Obtain HUD-Certification and NeighborWorks NCHEC Certification in Homeownership Counseling.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience in personal finance, mortgage banking, and/or social services required.
• Additional experience in pre-purchase homebuyer counseling preferred.
• HUD-Certified or able to study for and obtain HUD-Certification within 3 months of hire.
• Excellent interpersonal and strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to engage with low- and moderate-income homebuyers in a respectful manner.
• Genuine interest in providing supportive financial coaching and excellent customer service.
• Able to take direction and work well on a team as well as independently.
• Highly organized with strong time management skills.
• Excellent computer skills; adept at leading Zoom webinars; familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
• Fluency in a second language is helpful, particularly Spanish.
• Strong commitment to NHN’s missions.
Compensation: $59,000 to $65,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience. NHN offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance benefits (following a 60-day waiting period), voluntary flexible spending plan, 403b retirement plan, and paid leave time including 18 vacation days and 12 paid holidays.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate “First-Time Homebuyer Counselor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. NHN is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). People of color, community residents, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org