Website Neighborhood Housing Services of SW WI
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assume and manage a caseload of clients to provide:
· Homebuyer Education: managing your money, budgeting, understanding credit, getting approved for a mortgage, finding a home, protecting your investment.
o Develop and assist clients with an action plan to get them mortgage ready; follow them through the home buying process, providing guidance as needed.
· Homebuyer Counseling: discuss affordability, create individualized budgets, create spending, saving, and/or credit repair plans; discuss the pre-approval process; determine eligibility for our down payment assistance loans and/or other community programs; determine potential barriers to homeownership and create action plans to address; other tailored to clients’ unique circumstances.
· Facilitate homebuyer education and counseling activities using various platforms: in person, by phone, virtually over Zoom, or self-paced through eHome America.
· Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Prevention: develop and assist clients with an action plan to prevent foreclosure; negotiate appropriately with lenders.
· Assist in developing and facilitating a series of Financial Fitness and Post-purchase Classes or Events.
· Maintain meticulous records and perform accurate client tracking to develop outcome data.
· Maintain required job skills and core competencies. Attend Training Institutes and other educational opportunities to become proficient. Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
· Experience in budgeting, financial fitness, credit counseling, housing counseling, and/or an education background.
· Demonstrated skill in organizing time and prioritizing workload; ability to perform multiple tasks with established timelines.
· Highly motivated, independent and task-oriented individual who can learn new material quickly
· Strong computer and internet skills, Microsoft Office including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, CounselorMax.
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experience
· Commitment to providing exemplary customer service to our clients.
· Ability to perform duties in a confidential manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of the housing market and lending products desired.
· Bilingual capability a plus
Education: College degree preferred
NHSSW is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation package includes health insurance benefits for full-time staff, paid vacation, personal/sick days, and paid holidays. NHSSW operates in a team-oriented, flexible work environment. Training and professional development opportunities available.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org