Website Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc.
Job Title: Homeowner Engagement Specialist
Reports to: Program Director and Homeowner Services Program Manager
Employee Type: Full Time, 35 hours per week
NHS of Queens CDC, Inc is a HUD-Certified Not-for-Profit Housing Counseling Agency established in 1994, holding 27 years of comprehensive homeownership services and counseling to the Queens community. NHSQ revitalizes and preserves underserved Queens’ neighborhoods by providing opportunities for homeownership education, affordable housing assistance, financial assistance and empowerment, homeowner services, and community leadership.
Join an experienced and fun team as we work to advance and protect sustainable homeownership in Queens. We offer a great work environment with friendly co-workers who are passionate about their jobs. NHSQ is seeking to hire a Homeowner Engagement Specialist. The Homeowner Engagement Specialist facilitates the office work and has general knowledge of program services offered by the organization. In addition, she/he is responsible for the day to day coordination of the Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The responsibilities and duties of the Homeowner Engagement Specialist include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for maintaining standard operating office procedures and performing support services for the programs
· Serve as the first point of contact for the counselor’s intake process, meets with clients, collects documents, sets up files and makes sure that files are completed prior to the clients’ meetings with the counselors
· Schedule appointments for counselors and follows up with clients as per counselors and management request
· Answer the telephone, screens call, transfers call and takes messages when appropriate
· Assist counselors with the coordination and delivery of counseling and educational programs
· Input all data into Client management System and other information as instructed by counselors
· Work to ensure the workplan under EHV program is completed including- conduct owner outreach for Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV), as well as inform strategies and messaging to recruit and retain EHV owners.
· Set up and manage systems to share information across divisions
· Represent NHSQ at the weekly EHV partner organization’s meeting and submit accurate reports according to deadline
· Input all events on the website and pull payment reports to submit to accounting
· Proactively manage workload, calendar, and client appointments to help meet the goals of the organization and serve the client effectively
· Adhere to all guidelines related to the confidentiality of client records and information and requirements per the HUD Housing Counseling Handbook and National Industry
· Accurately and timely enter data into the organization’s client management system
· Maintain contact with clients and follow-up until termination/an outcome is reached
· Contribute to the process of preparing regularly reports as needed
· Assists the team with special projects as assigned and other tasks deemed necessary to achieve overall goals and operate a successful program
Possess skill in inspiring and engaging diverse stakeholders around a shared vision for achieving results.
Ability to manage grant budgets, collate financial paperwork, and produce project progress reports.
Ability to acquire subject matter knowledge on housing related matters, HUD counseling certification, and sustainability training
Job qualifications and requirements
Homeowner Engagement Specialist job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
· Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, especially for local government and the public
· Ability to engage with low- and moderate-income homeowners, homebuyers, and tenants in a respectful manner.
· Able to work well on a team as well as independently
· Highly-organized self-starter able to multi-task.
· Detail-oriented, thorough, and able to concentrate while meeting deadlines.
· Demonstrated patience and flexibility handling complex issues and crises.
· Fluency in a second language is helpful, particularly Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese.
· Strong commitment to NHS of Queens’s mission.
· Ability to work hybrid is necessary, and some travel may be required subject to COVID-19 restrictions and considerations
Expected Work Hours
The hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and as needed for evenings and weekends. Flexible hours considered.
Compensation: Salary ranges from $45,000 to $55,000 commensurate with experience; NHS of Queens offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, PTO and other fringe benefits.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Application Instructions
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
NHS of Queens strongly encourages Section 3 residents to participate in this hiring effort.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring effort are requested to contact email@example.com
Application Deadline: Hiring immediately. Accepting resumes until position is filled.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, upgrade, train, and promote for all positions and job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital, veteran or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status as a member of any other legally protected group or activity.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc.Salary: $45K to $55K
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org