Website NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSING SERVICES OF QUEENS CDC, INC.
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director & Executive Director
Employee Type: Full Time, 35 hours per week
NHS of Queens CDC, Inc is a HUD-Certified Not-for-Profit Housing Counseling Agency established in 1994, holding 27 years of comprehensive homeownership services and counseling to the Queens community. NHSQ revitalizes and preserves underserved Queens’ neighborhoods by providing opportunities for homeownership education, affordable housing assistance, financial assistance, workforce development and empowerment, homeowner services, and community leadership.
Join an experienced and fun team as we work to advance and protect sustainable homeownership in Queens. We offer a great work environment with friendly co-workers who are passionate about their jobs. NHSQ is seeking to hire a Community Outreach Coordinator who develops and implements marketing and outreach strategies for NHSQ programs, services and special projects. In addition, she/he is responsible for the day to day coordination of the LaGuardia Career Project to develop a pipeline of qualified jobseekers for the airport job opportunities. This individual will perform the following: develop relationships with local non-profits, community boards, education institutions, and faith based organizations. This individual will attend community events and represent NHSQ at community forum with the goal of developing local candidate feeder systems. The successful candidate will gain a thorough understanding of the hiring needs and requirements for airport employers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
· Develop relationships with local non-profits, community boards, education institutions, and faith based organizations with the goal of referring job-seekers to placement services.
· Develop a strategic marketing plan to meet expected outcomes
· Conduct presentations to potential partners and job-seekers
· In coordination with LaGuardia Career Center’s performance manager utilize social media and online marketing to increase job-seeker traffic
· Promote LaGuardia Career Center placement services at a variety of events
· Support account management team with off-site recruitment events and job fairs
· Host community partner meetings
· Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
· Provide administrative support when necessary
· Research and develop relevant information to add to NHSQ’s CBO network
· Conduct outreach to capture CBO success stories
The Community Outreach Coordinator develops and implements marketing and outreach strategies for NHSQ programs, services and special projects.
The Community Outreach Coordinator designs and implements a community outreach program.
The Community Outreach Coordinator promotes a strong local network to support the NHSQ program.
· assists in other areas as requested by his/her supervisor.
· attends NHSQ staff and team meetings and other meetings as needed.
· assists on other projects and assignments as needed.
· attends seminars and other training as scheduled by the office supervisor and participates in NHSQ mandatory requirements, including examinations, for the position.
· in this position the employee is expected to adopt and promote the core organizational and interpersonal values; meet internal and external deadlines on reporting and contractual obligations, and meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations.
· Quality of relationship: the employee is expected to establish, develop and maintain relationships of high quality designed to acquire cooperation, access to information, sponsorship of ideas.
Ability to work hybrid is necessary, and some travel may be required subject to COVID-19 restrictions and considerations
Community Outreach Coordinator job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
· Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, especially for local government and the public
· Ability to engage with low- and moderate-income job seekers, homeowners, homebuyers, and tenants in a respectful manner.
· Able to work well on a team as well as independently
· Highly-organized self-starter able to multi-task.
· Detail-oriented, thorough, and able to concentrate while meeting deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products and database management.
· Demonstrated patience and flexibility handling complex issues and crises.
· Fluency in a second language is helpful, particularly Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese.
· Strong commitment to NHS of Queens’s mission.
Expected Work Hours: The hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and as needed for evenings and weekends. Flexible hours considered.
Compensation: Salary ranges from $50, 000 to $60,000 commensurate with experience; NHS of Queens offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, PTO and other fringe benefits.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Additional Application Instructions
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter to email@example.com Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
NHS of Queens strongly encourages Section 3 residents to participate in this hiring effort.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring effort are requested to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Hiring immediately. Accepting resumes until position is filled.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, upgrade, train, and promote for all positions and job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital, veteran or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status as a member of any other legally protected group or activity.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc.Salary: $50K to $60K
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com