We are Hiring! Come join the team at MAHA and be a part of the only first-generation homebuyer-matched savings program in the country, STASH!
MAHA was established in 1985 and is dedicated to increasing affordable homeownership, breaking down barriers for first-time and first-generation homebuyers, and closing the racial homeownership gap in Massachusetts. We offer homebuyer and homeowner classes and we currently have more than 40,000 graduates. MAHA has been instrumental in creating both the MHP One and ONE+ Boston mortgages in Massachusetts to ensure that low to moderate-income homebuyers are able to obtain affordable options.
In 2019, MAHA started the Saving Towards Affordable Sustainable Homeownership (STASH) program, a First-Generation Matched Savings Program aimed at helping first generation homebuyers save towards the purchase of their first home. STASH is the only first-generation homebuyer program in the country, and has the opportunity to lead the nation in closing the racial homeownership and wealth gap by helping low-income families achieve their goal of homeownership.
We are currently looking for a Program Manager to work administratively and interact daily with first-generation homebuyers and homeowners in greater Boston.
We are seeking an experienced HUD-Approved Counselor with experience providing housing counseling for first-generation first-time homebuyers in MA. As this is a new program, we are looking for candidates who can help with expanding the program design, including proposing and implementing changes. The ideal candidate will be innovative, data-driven, capable of working independently, entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about housing equity.
A successful candidate will assist the program director in facilitating financial literacy seminars, attending meetings, counseling participants, recruiting and enrolling participants, assisting with data management, and one on one counseling with clients to support them through the match savings program.
MAHA’s office is located in Dorchester, an on-site position requiring working in the office. Possibility to work hybrid in the future.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary Range- $53,000-$57,000
• Employer pays 90% of health care and 50% dental
• 3 weeks paid vacation a year PLUS an additional week off during Christmas break
1. Lead, advise, and facilitate program seminars on savings, budget and debt management.
2. Provide one-to-one counseling for potential homebuyers in preparation of the homebuying process; (e.g., maintaining a budget, understanding credit reports etc)
3. Conduct data entry and generate surveys designed to track graduates and evaluate our education and counseling efforts as required by various funders.
4. Coordinate meetings via Zoom with community partners and funders.
5. Conduct quarterly outreach calls to program participants and graduates, to get updates on their homebuying journey and understand what levels of support are needed from program staff.
6. Work with housing agencies and other stakeholders cooperatively as we explore a possible re-design of the program including offering other trainings online or hybrid classes.
7. Conduct outreach for STASH through staffing information tables, contacting community organizations, social media posting etc.
8. Inform participants about MAHA’s additional post-purchase classes, organizing activities and community events related to homeownership.
9. Fully participate with MAHA staff and members in organization-wide activities and grassroots fundraising efforts, including specific duties related to our annual Taste of Dorchester event.
10. Other duties as designated by program director.
1. Commitment to grassroots community organizing and affordable housing issues.
2. Data-driven approach
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
4. Passion for motivating, teaching, and facilitating workshops on financial literacy
5. Experience working in Banking, Finances, Human Services or Customer Relations (plus)
6. Previous experience in coaching or counseling (preferred)
7. Previous experience with client management systems (preferred)
8. HUD Housing Counseling Certificate (preferred)
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Powerpoint) and Outlook 365
10. Knowledge of Civi CRM Data Management Systems (plus).
11. Excellent communication skills. Comfortable speaking in large groups of 10+ and running focus groups.
12. Excellent writing skills, ability to write memos and newsletters
13. Ability and willingness to work regular evening and some weekend hours
14. Access to a car is essential.
TO APPLY, please send your resume and cover letter to
Anthonina Fenelon, STASH Program Director (Email: email@example.com)
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org