Website Latino Economic Development Center
Stable Housing. Thriving Businesses. Strong Community.
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We achieve our mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling, and affordable housing preservation.
Housing Counseling Program
LEDC is a HUD-certified housing counseling agency that helps families in the Metropolitan area and Baltimore to buy their first home and save their homes from foreclosure. LEDC accomplishes these goals by providing financial capability education and counseling, first-time homebuyers group education and individual counseling, and providing foreclosure prevention, and rental counseling.
The Bilingual Housing Counselor will provide group training and direct housing counseling to LEDC clients around the home purchase process, financial capability, rental counseling, foreclosure prevention, and first-time homebuyer programs available in the area. The Housing Counselor in Baltimore will report and work closely with the Maryland Housing Counseling Program Manager and the Chief Housing Programs Officer to implement and grow the housing counseling and financial capability services in the Baltimore area. The Housing Counselor will be responsible for the following:
– Provide housing counseling to support clients in meeting their housing goals including budgeting, establishing, or improving credit, rental counseling, pre-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention, and post-purchase education.
– Analyze and discuss clients’ financial capacity to buy a home and create financial action plans with clients.
– Provide technical assistance related to housing counseling such as submitting and tracking paperwork for first-time homebuyer or foreclosure prevention programs.
– Document and track data related to housing counseling services utilizing Counselor Max and other applicable tools.
– Conduct group workshops and presentations on home purchase, foreclosure prevention, and financial capability.
– Conduct community outreach for housing counseling services.
– Assist in the completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
– Assist the Program Manager with special projects as assigned and other tasks deemed
necessary to achieve overall goals and operate a successful housing counseling program.
– Participate in housing counseling and foreclosure prevention efforts in the state of Maryland.
– Attend training as needed for continuing education as a Certified Housing Counselor.
– Obtain and keep NCHEC certifications in the housing counseling disciplines.
– LEDC has a strong preference for an experienced, certified housing counselor.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a deep commitment to high-quality housing counseling and service delivery.
– At least two years of previous housing counseling experience.
– Ability to work well with others, be a good listener, and think creatively.
– Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Google Suites, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other relevant software/programs.
– Familiarity with databases and information tracking, is a plus.
– Flexible work schedule, including the ability to work Saturdays and evenings.
– Able to pass the National HUD Certification Exam within 90 days of employment.
– Bilingual in Spanish and English.
This is a full-time, 40-hour/week position that requires some nights and Saturday hours.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience, plus full benefits, and generous vacation.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Bilingual Housing Counselor – Baltimore, MD. No phone calls, please.
To learn more about LEDC, visit www.ledcmetro.org.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit www.ledcmetro.org.