Website IMPACCT BK
IMPACCT now seeks an energetic and organized individual to assume the position of Homeowner Counselor with an opportunity for growth in our expanding Homeowner Services Department. The Homeowner Counselor’s primary role will be to provide potential homebuyers and homeownership with financial assessments, development of action plans to increase financial knowledge to reach financial goals and put homebuyers on a path to homeownership. This position reports to the Director of Homeowner Services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Organize and facilitate educational workshops on a broad range of subjects including predatory lending, scams and property tax reduction(s)
· Prepare and distribute informational literature
· Provide individual counseling to homeowners regarding loans and grants, repairs, refinancing, tax arrears and assessments
· Provide financial counseling and assist clients to draft/revise household budgets
· Provide clients with financial assessment based on income, expenses and mortgage information
· Provide clients with a personalized action plan
· Assist/review loan modification proposals/packages for submission to Lender/Servicers
· Communicate with Lenders, Servicers and Attorneys on behalf of the Homeowner
· Review loan modification offers with clients and assess affordability
· Assess loan modification denials and assist clients with appeals or attorney referrals
· Provide information about the foreclosure process for NYS and alternatives such as shot sales or deed-in-lieu
· Provide referrals to clients who need legal assistance with – answering summons and complaints
· Collaborate closely with colleagues including attorneys, housing counselor and other partners
· Make referrals to city agencies, organizations and professionals as needed
· Provide default and loss mitigation counseling to individuals facing foreclosure
· Assist homeowners with modification applications, loans and grants applications
· Intake/ interview new clients, maintain computer and hard copy files on all clients, through close out.
· Prepare and submit timely, written reports, documentation and applications as required by funding sources
· Maintain and submit timely reports on case files and client activity
· Maintain compliance with ALL HUD/Grantor(s) requirements
· Obtain/maintain HUD Housing Counseling continued education and training requirements
· Additional projects as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience working in financial industry
· HUD Housing Counseling Certification a must
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
· Previous client counseling experience
· Experience with not-for-profit organization preferred
· Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
· Adopt: National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
· Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
· Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
· Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
· Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
· Microsoft Office proficient, database entry experience
· Knowledge of CounselorMax a plus
· Knowledge of renovations/retrofit a plus.
· Spanish or French a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment and remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee required to be active, including standing, walking in the outside elements, hear, bending, lifting and/or arranging office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically climb stairs.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position (35hrs a week) and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and as needed for evenings. Flexible hours considered.
Compensation: $41,000 to $50,000
Commensurate with experience; Health, Dental, EAP, PTO and other fringe benefits
PLEASE INDICATE “enter title name” ON SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers IMPACCT Brooklyn is leader in community-based development work for 55+ years. As a comprehensive community development corporation, in addition to housing development, IMPACCT Brooklyn provides economic mobility programs and services in support of residents and small businesses including: community organizing, homeowner counseling & foreclosure prevention, financial capacity building and merchant services.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org