Website Matrix Human Services
Matrix Human Services is Educating Children, Supporting Families and Rebuilding Neighborhoods in Detroit.
Operating multiple programs in more than 35 Detroit locations, Matrix provides services to more than 25,000 individuals and families annually and operates the largest Head Start program in Detroit serving more than 1,900 children.
- Being of Service
- Building Relationships
- Always Learning
- Committed to Results
**$1500.00 Sign-on Bonus for New Hires starting March 1st, 2023 – August 15, 2023**
The Housing and Financial Counselor is responsible for conducting financial capabilities and prepurchase housing counseling, education and credit counseling services, including administrative responsibilities. You will provide comprehensive services to help families and individuals become financially stronger. This position requires the use of independent judgement and decision-making.
- Manage a caseload of financial capability and housing counseling clients.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances and update case records.
- Work with clients to prepare a budget, track expenses and provide strategies for budget improvements
- Provide individualized credit counseling services; provide strategies for building credit and reducing debt
- Available to client throughout the home buying process to address any problems or answer any questions that may arise.
- Utilize client management systems to enter and update data in a timely manner.
- Create, maintain, and update client files on a regular basis per compliance guidelines.
- Assist with facilitating education workshops, including scheduling, marketing, and procuring speakers.
- Assist with developing financial coaching manuals, instruction guides, and course materials as appropriate.
- Provide high quality, competent and timely services that produce client and programmatic outputs and outcomes.
- Build and manage relationships with community partners and referral sources for client wrap around services.
- Work interdepartmentally with team through referring mutual clients for greater client impact.
- Participate in initial trainings and ongoing professional development trainings. Successfully complete and pass counselor trainings, follow required protocol and program requirements.
- Provide basic career coaching
- Shall provide all relevant and available wraparound services including budget development, life skills, and resource navigation to assist clients reach their goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field
- Hud Certification required (must obtain 60 days after employment)
- At least 2 years or more recent experience working with community residents facing critical hardships.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all discussions and records.
- Resourceful, patient and sensitive to the needs of staff, children and families.
- Culturally sensitive to work in a diverse community.
- Some transportation required for employment
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Detail oriented with ability to organize complex material in clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing time and prioritizing workload.
- Good working knowledge of the components of a housing/financial counseling program.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather. Handles large volumes of paper and forms.
*COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Matrix Human Services complies with federal, state, and local laws regarding COVID-19 vaccination. Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All staff will use data to help achieve program goals; apply techniques and strategies that promote a culture of learning; identify and address gaps that continuously improve our programs
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance
- All Head Start employees must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Program Performance Standards, licensing regulations, and the NAEYC Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.