Website Housing Partnership of Chester County
Provides comprehensive housing counseling services, including educational workshops and face-to-face counseling. Duties involve pre-purchase one-on-one counseling, budgeting and financial literacy, and rental counseling. Clients may include first-time buyers, homeowners, low-income housing residents, or rental families. Counselor must be familiar with local, state, and federal housing regulations and housing assistance programs, and able to interact with lenders, realtors, agencies, and social service providers. Counselor must hold certifications from HUD and PHFA, or be willing to work on the process of certification.
1. Client Facing/Counseling
· Work with clients as they navigate the home buying process to ensure process runs smoothly, including meeting with clients one-on-one, either in-person or via Zoom.
· Assist credit/budgeting clients in creating a plan to improve credit and personal finances plus contact regularly for progress.
· Answer phone calls and emails related to counseling and home buying.
· Attend real estate settlements.
· Schedule visits to real estate offices, mortgage providers and non-profit organizations to promote our program in group/sales meetings on a regular basis.
3. Financial Literacy/Know Your Money – teach basic money management to high school students and other audiences. Basic money management includes bank accounts, credit cards, student and auto loans, and rent versus home ownership.
· Collect client documentation within the Agency’s Rx data system and analyze to determine program eligibility and services needed.
· Keep client files updated and collect all documents needed for program guidelines and audits; maintain accurate and organized client files and utilize the online Rx program for reporting
· Attend all required/applicable trainings in order to provide most up-to-date mortgage, real estate and counseling information to clients.
· Submit files to Chief Staff Executive for review when an agreement of sale, home inspection and mortgage commitment are received.
· Submit invoice for settlement check well in advance of settlement.
· Submit documents to Admin. Assistant for processing before one-on-one meetings, and review counseling billings at the end of each month.
· Keep Chief Staff Executive informed as to the progress of clients through regular meetings.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Staff Executive or HUD Housing Counselor.
· 2-3 years minimum experience in mortgage lending (loan processor, underwriter, loan officer, etc.)
· College degree or equivalent
· Good to excellent personal credit history
· Fluency in Spanish
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Works well in small team settings
· Willing to travel within Chester County with approved, current driver’s license.
· Physical demands are typical for an office environment, including ability to lift 30 pounds occasionally and sit for long periods of time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com