Website Housing Authority of the City of High Point
· Provides one-on-one counseling regarding the home buying process. Explains to potential homebuyers the terms and conditions regulating home ownership and/or various housing assistance programs (5H, Affordable, Section 8 Voucher) and concepts, including but not limited to: amortization schedules, income calculations, housing ratios, credit analysis, title searches, foreclosure procedures and other home loan steps.
· Accepts and processes applications for second mortgages; conducts credit counseling sessions; and accompanies applicants to banks and other agencies, as required.
· Develops marketing materials and methods to promote the sale of homeownership units in the HPHA inventory.
· Develops and coordinates the implementation of post-homeownership classes.
· Provides loss mitigation counseling.
· Processes applications, loan requests, etc. to third party funding sources, as required.
· Prepares paperwork for closing procedures on homes.
· Receives, investigates, and resolves citizen complaints.
· Attends, participates in, and coordinates resident activities associated with the department.
· Develops relationships with the local banking, real estate and homeownership community.
· Identifies additional programs and resources that enhance affordability for residents.
· Assists with the preparation of grant applications to support activities associated with housing counseling and the department.
· Collects data, identifies trends, and assimilate into reports.
· Conducts financial literacy classes and homeownership classes throughout the year.
· Conducts annual Housing Fair.
· Performs general administrative duties such as maintaining accurate and comprehensive applicant and resident files; preparing and generating reports as required by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) and other funding sources; typing correspondence; entering data into computer system; etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit hpha.net.