Website Greater Washington Urban League
This position is part of a team tasked with carrying out the NUL/Department of Housing and Community Development Housing Counseling (HCS) programs. The primary objectives of the Program are to improve financial literacy, expand homeownership opportunities, improve access to affordable housing, and preserve homeownership.
• Negotiate with mortgage lenders, loan servicers, and rental property management offices.
• Analyze complex situations to assist the client in finding the best solution.
• Assist homeowners with transitioning out of homeownership as needed.
• Identify and provide appropriate referrals by creating an action plan and budget.
• Qualify applicants for DC Homeownership program.
• Train individuals to participate in DC homeownership programs.
• Participate in training and maintain certification in foreclosure, rental & homeless counseling.
• Perform outreach, engagement, and assessment to enroll consumers in program services.
• Conduct a comprehensive initial screening process to determine eligibility for program services, providing assessment, intake and enrollment, outcomes & follow-up appointments.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
• Minimum of 6 years of related experience
• Knowledge of the housing industry and DC homeownership programs
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational,
socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
•Successfully pass a criminal background investigation;
•Must be a U.S. citizen;
•Must be a HUD Certified Housing Counselor or obtain certification within 60 days of employment.
For Immediate consideration, please send your resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.gwul.org.