Program Coordinator/Housing Counselor works under the supervision of the CEO, and is responsible for program coordination for various programs including our housing, job development, marketing, government relations, leadership programs, and more. In housing, they will be providing a full range of client services for financial education, first-time home buying, and foreclosure prevention programs, including group education workshops, seminars, and individualized guidance. They will gather documentation needed to evaluate creditworthiness and eligibility of mortgage applicants for various homeownership programs, including mortgage loan products and down payment assistance. They will also be involved in delinquency counseling, assessing documentation to determine home retention workout options, which includes loan modifications and the Keep Your Home California program. In addition, they will maintain positive and effective relationships with clients and program stakeholders. This job requires working on Saturdays/weekends.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate/conduct case management, training and outreach and communication with various stakeholders for the various programs including housing, job development program and leadership development.
- Conduct group education on a variety of topics relative to financial literacy, home buying and foreclosure prevention.
- Conduct one-on-one sessions with prospective borrowers in order to: analyze financial and credit information, determine customer financing objectives, eligibility of down payment products and gather any additional required information to determine mortgage readiness.
- Conducts one-on-one sessions with delinquent homeowners to assist clients in evaluating opportunities available through various foreclosure prevention programs.
- Identify, develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry program requirements pertaining to financial literacy, homeownership, and foreclosure prevention.
- Conduct workshops, training seminars, and classes in topics covering financial literacy and first-time homebuyer certification.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of people and organizations
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and follow through within deadlines and case management
- Attention to detail and accurate data input of client data in client tracking database
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Previous leadership experience
- Passion for service and strong desire to grow
- Perform other duties of similar nature or level as required
- Bilingual (English/Korean Preferred)
- Graphic design experience using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Print/Publication experience using Adobe InDesign
- Video editing experience using Final Cut Pro
- Previous housing/real estate industry experience a plus
- Networking skills and having contacts with faith and community leaders a plus
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.