Website Economic Opportunity Council of Suffolk, INC.
Provide comprehensive foreclosure prevention counseling services. This position requires the use of independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Conduct comprehensive individual one on-one and group counseling sessions.
- Identify the required tools and establish a system to triage clients, identify obstacles, develop and action plan, assign clients tasks and facilitate client progress towards their goal.
- Maintain up-to-date information on home retention options and resources available to distressed homeowners and develop a viable plan of action based on those options/resources.
- Establish relationships with outside agencies, servicers, lenders, local/county legislators
- Establish a referral network for clients seeking services that the program does not provide (i.e. legal, social services, realtors, relocation, rental housing, credit counseling).
- Routinely communicate with attorneys, law firms, and other vendors in a positive and professional manner.
- Employ strong, positive, and professional verbal communication and negotiation skills; demonstrate the ability to communicate workout loan/modification solutions effectively
- Maintain schedule of appointments for counseling sessions, an efficient and effective system for client follow-up and contact those that miss appointments.
- Create a hard copy file for each client that includes the intake form, credit report, counselors, analysis, disclaimers, release forms, income calculation and documentation, action plan, negotiations with loan servicer and other necessary documents gathered during counseling session to properly assess client’s situation
- Maintain and update client files both during and after counseling session in individual files and adhere to all guidelines related to confidentiality of files and records
- Input client data into all required client management systems and generate monthly reports
- Assist with organizing foreclosure and post-purchase workshops and other group counseling activities
- Ensure that quality control measures are followed and that client satisfaction is a priority of the counseling program
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and outreach plan for recruiting clients and partners for the program.
- Attend required community events and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least two-year experience in mortgage lending, real estate or loss mitigation
- Loss mitigation experience is preferable
- Knowledge of basic mortgage default timelines/procedures
- Excellence in consulting and advising clients via telephone and written communications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication, comprehension, listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze and suggest resolution to problems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work independently with medium level of supervision
- Must be able to work in a team environment to interact well with employees and all levels of the agency
- Bi-lingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- HUD Certification: The Foreclosure Prevention Counselor is required to pass the HUD Housing Counseling Certification Exam as a condition to provide counseling services. Candidates that do not have the counseling certification are expected to obtain the certification within six (6) months of employment
- Required: Valid New York State Driver’s License and insured vehicle with 100/300 bodily injury liability insurance
- Required: You must be fully Covid-19 Vaccinated with proof.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma
- Minimum 1-3 years related work experience or combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job please visit eoc-suffolk.com.