Website CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistant Inc.
CHAI (Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc.) is a nonprofit housing and community development organization. For 40 years, we have been strengthening neighborhoods in northwest Baltimore, making them better places to live, learn, and grow older.
CHAI has an immediate opening for a full-time HUD-Certified Housing Counselor who is responsible for oversight of CHAI’s housing counseling program and staff, as well as for delivery of services, including pre-purchase, rental, and foreclosure prevention counseling, workshops. CHAI is a HUD-approved Local Housing Counseling Agency. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned HUD-certified housing counselor with proven management experience and NCHEC certifications in foreclosure prevention, homeownership counseling, homeownership education and rental housing counseling.
- Supervise CHAI’s housing counseling staff
- Plan, organize, and implement all department events
- Ensure staff professional development and all counselor certifications are maintained
- Manage HUD audits to maintain CHAI’s HUD certification
- Complete all monthly and quarterly reports
- Maintain client and workshop files, both hard copy and in the CMS
- Implement HUD Quality Control Plan, conducting regular client file reviews
- Conduct monthly Homebuyer Education Workshops
- Provide individual pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention, and rental housing counseling
- Stay informed about private and public incentive programs for first-time homebuyers
- Collaborate with the CHAI’s Community Development team to promote CHAI’s programs and services
- Build and maintain relationships with industry professionals
- Attend CDN and State of Maryland regular meetings and trainings and share information with team
- Keep in contact with State, City, Healthy Neighborhoods, and lenders to learn about most recent homebuyer incentives and eligibility requirements
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a housing counselor
- Management experience, preferred
- HUD Housing Counselor Certification
- Certifications in foreclosure prevention, homeownership counseling, homeownership education, and rental housing counseling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and common CMS programs
- Commitment to strengthening diversity, racial equity, and inclusion in communities
- Ability to maintain confidentially and safeguard client privacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
Compensation & Benefits
$60,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience
CHAI offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority, offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
Application Process – Electronic submissions are preferred.
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed.
CHAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, CHAI supports a thriving Baltimore that celebrates diversity and appreciates the unique combination of gender, race, age, religion and ethnicity, sexual orientation, intellectual and physical disabilities, and special qualities that each resident adds to the fabric of life in Baltimore. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.