Website Catholic Charities
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is a combined position with our St. Lawrence and Beyond Shelter Programs. Through both programs, this person would provide screening, assessment, action plan development, education on landlord/tenant law, financial assistance, referral and follow-up to help the participants resolve their immediate crisis and develop long-term solutions to enhance their financial situation. Under the Beyond Shelter Program, this person provides direct case management services to program participants, will help participants build independent living and tenancy skills, assist with integration into the community, provide connections to community-based health care and treatment, and connections with employment services and/or Social Security. The Housing Case Manager works collaboratively with the community at large to prevent homelessness and works towards housing and financial stability.
SKILL AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- a) Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Business Management or related field desired.
- b) Minimum of an Associate Degree in Business/Management or Social Work or equivalent experience will be considered.
- c) Experience in dealing with people in difficult financial situations and/or long term case management preferred.
- d) Certification – Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Housing Counseling and or Financial Counseling Certification will be required within nine months of employment.
- e) Ability to work independently.
- f) Strong communication skills required including public speaking and writing.
- g) Understanding of social service case management.
- h) Commitment to the mission and values of Catholic Charities.
- a) Asses program participants for ability to participate in programming and determines their needs.
- b) Meets directly with program participants to identify readiness and ability to participate in programming.
- c) Learn and implement HUD Housing Counseling and budgeting skills with participants.
- d) Works directly with program participants, those who are homeless to housed, on housing and other needs.
- e) Makes referrals to agencies and programs as appropriate to meet participants’ needs.
- f) Travel required within service area and to agency wide meetings. Some evening and weekend hours required as part of regular work schedule.
- g) Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information to help participants to develop an Action Plan.
- h) Uses independent judgment making skills to provide needed services to participants.
- i) Creates and maintains program participant files according to standardized procedures.
- j) Delivers financial literacy/education seminars for participants.
- k) Maintains client confidentiality.
- l) Utilizes client management system and agency database to maintain participants’ records.
- m) Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies in the community to help meet community needs.
- n) Focuses on continuing to bring community awareness of services and programs of Catholic Charities.
- o) Seeks advice or counsel of colleagues and supervisor whenever such consultation is in the best interest of the program participant.
- p) Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit apricot.socialsolutions.com.