Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed below. This is a hybrid role requiring s a combination between onsite work on one of our San Francisco Locations and work from home.
Bilingual in Spanish, Filipino, Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), is preferred but not required.
- Assists clients in developing specific strategies towards achieving homeownership, lending process, affordability, down-payment assistance programs, fair housing and how to create and maintain overall financial and homeownership stability in the future.
- Housing application assistance
- Produces a written action plan that supports the counselor’s conclusion as to the course of action that promotes the client’s best interests or the client’s choice of action and motivates the client to implement it.
- Prepares mailing of preliminary paperwork to clients in a timely manner.
- Conduct housing education workshops
- Ensure compliance with the current housing regulations.
- Counsels proficiently in any of the following programs, as defined by management:
- Pre-purchase Counseling
- Rental Counseling
- Default Counseling, if applicable
- Post-purchase, if applicable
- Assists clients in developing specific strategies to resolve past and present financial concerns, establish and achieve financial goals, and create and maintain overall financial stability in the future.
- Provides general information to clients about bankruptcy, collections, court judgments, credit issues, credit reports, housing issues, consumer protection laws, student loans, wage attachments, financial planning to clients.
- Confers with clients to ascertain available monthly income after living expenses to meet credit obligations.
- Explains credit report ratings and protections laws to clients and provides answers to client’s questions.
- Promptly answers incoming calls from clients and determines nature of problem or question to establish course of action to address problem or question.
- Schedules appointments for clients, confirms daily appointments, and reschedules appointments as necessary and performs regular follow ups.
- Performs elements of on-going casework as needed to provide service and problem-solving assistance for client inquiries and account management.
- Reporting and documenting session information, activities, and outcomes.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
HUD Certification preferred
To apply for this job please visit balancepro.isolvedhire.com.