Financially Empowering You
BALANCE is currently looking for a Housing Counseling Manager to work fully remote.
This position would serve as primary point of contact for our HUD Network and other potential grant opportunities, responsible for the day-to-day functions of reporting, quality assurance, oversight and management of the Network agencies based on goals and objectives outlined by the VP of Housing. This position would also be responsible for managing a group of Housing Counselors.
It is a remote position that may require travel post COVID though most functions would be performed remotely.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Staff development and management: The Housing Manager will oversee a team of Housing Counselors. This includes staff development, performance reviews, escalations, and communication.
- Training: Use data analysis skills to review and interpret data from a variety of sources, including large data sets, to identify useful information for our organization. Also use data analysis to identify areas where our organization can improve and make data-driven decisions.
- Communication: Housing Manager will communicate with Housing Management, subgrantees, stakeholders and others. Effective communication is crucial to the success of our Housing Department, it allows our team to work together to develop strategies and solutions.
- Critical thinking: Critical thinking is the ability to analyze a situation and determine the best course of action. This role will use critical thinking skills to make decisions about the processes they review.
- Customer Service : Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Problem-solving: This role will work with Sub-grantees to identify business challenges and develop solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills – Demonstrates empathy, focuses on solving conflict, not blaming or shaming; maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Project management: Responsible for overseeing the implementation of a business intelligence project. This can include tasks such as creating a project plan, assigning tasks to team members, monitoring the project’s progress, and evaluating its success.
- Knowledge of National Industry Standards, HUD compliance and grant compliance
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university
- Minimum 4 years of managing a housing counseling program
- Familiarity with city, state and federal compliance and grant management.
- Minimum of 4 years in HUD compliance
- HUD Counselor Certification
- Ability to travel to trainings, agency sites, and transport materials as needed.
- Ability to manage projects and develop business protocols.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary.
- Master’s degree
- 2 to 5 years of experience in grant writing
- Project Management experience
- Federal grants knowledge
BALANCE is a nationwide non-profit organization committed to helping individuals and families overcome their financial challenges and meet their goals. Through local and national education and counseling programs we provide help and hope to families overwhelmed by debt, facing foreclosure, struggling to master their money, caught in a cycle of over-priced fringe financial services, or trying to purchase their first home. Additional information about us can be found at www.balancepro.org.
BALANCE offers a fun and collaborative environment with exceptional benefits for our employees which include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan, 3 weeks paid time off, plus paid federal holidays, an extensive training program, and more!
BALANCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization participates in E-Verify. Please no phone calls.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear, communicate confidently over the telephone and in person, keyboard and mouse, and view and read computer monitor. This position may require travel (post-COVID).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This is a remote position; the employee must have a private room/space where they can function without additional noise as well as high speed internet.
To apply for this job please visit balancepro.isolvedhire.com.