Website Athens Land Trust
Housing Counseling Intake Specialist
The Housing Intake Specialist should be customer-service oriented and will serve as the primary point of contact for clients. They will provide part-time administrative support to the organization by making referrals and assisting
callers with their needs. The Housing Counseling Intake Specialist will be required to support the program in a variety of duties.
Specific Duties include:
● Meet with new or prospective clients, ask a series of questions for the purpose of compiling data, and work with clients to determine the best next course of action.
● Support triage of potential clients, identifying and escalating crisis situations.
● Responsible for data entry and maintenance of client databases to track efforts and outcomes and produce required reports.
● Ensure intake, data collection, and triage process is in compliance with client disclosure and privacy requirements as well as other policies outlined by Federal, State, and Local grants.
● Provide information and referral services to Athens Clarke County residents seeking housing assistance via phone, in-person, by email, at workshops, and any other program marketing or outreach efforts.
● Develop relationships and work with community-based agencies, property managers, owners and landlords to facilitate housing placement for at-risk and displaced residents.
● Assist clients complete paperwork necessary for applications for financial assistance.
● Perform other duties as required by the Director
All ALT Employees:
● Participate in grant management including grant writing support and reporting
● Write newsletter articles, and brochure and educational materials related to ALT’s programs and activities
● Attend weekly staff meetings
● Be part of a team – provide support for all staff members in their respective duties
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
● Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
● Strong skills in oral and written communication; excellent customer service skills. Bi-lingual or multilingual ability in Spanish is desirable.
The hourly pay rate is $15, and this position requires 20 hours per week.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to Chadsity Young, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com