Job Title: Housing Intake Specialist/Case Manager
Organization: Affordable Housing Education and Development (AHEAD Inc.)
Reports to: Director of Programming & Communications
Overall Duties: The Housing Intake Specialist will work closely with the entire Homeownership Center team to provide administrative support and assistance.
· Provides customer service to and serves as the primary contact for prospective and current Homeownership Center clients.
· Responsible for data entry and maintenance of client data bases to track efforts and outcomes and produce required reports.
· Provide information and answers to clients and the general public about housing and matters pertaining to AHEAD’s programs.
· Send appropriate information and intake packets to prospective clients and track receipt of packets.
· Respond to general email and website inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Answer general Homeownership Center phone line, must be comfortable using web- based phone systems such as Cisco Jabber and/or Microsoft Teams.
· Help coordinate workshops including registrations, class packets, and follow up from workshops including data entry.
· Supports HOC matched savings program with data entry and file maintenance
· Counsel and interview clients with respect to their overall financial situation as it relates to home ownership, budgeting, debt reduction, credit re-building and education.
·Create a budget and a detailed action plan for all clients
· Create and ensure completion of a client’s file per organizational and HUD guidelines
· Proactively manage workload, calendar and client appointments to help meet the goals of the organization and serve the client effectively
· Assists the Program Manager with special projects as assigned and other tasks deemed necessary to achieve overall goals and operate a successful program
• Associates degree in human services, business or related field OR
• At least two (2) years experience in banking, lending or related area AND two (2) years of experience working with people in need of assistance OR
• An equivalent combination of training and experience
• Build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers representing diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints.
• Be able to work within team structure; and be able to negotiate and manage conflicts.
• Knowledge of housing and economic self-sufficiency issues, as well as community resources
• Ability to perform duties in a confidential manner
• Detail oriented with ability to organize complex material in clear and concise manner
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to structure and convey information for a large group in a manner that is engaging and approachable.
• Demonstrated skill in organizing time and prioritizing workload
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Able to lift & carry items up to 15 lbs.
• Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time.
• Able to hear and speak to customers in person and/or by phone.
• Able to see and read on computer screen and paper.
• Able to use hands and fingers to operate office equipment such as a computer, copier, phone, postage meter, etc.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time; approximately 3 hours at a time, with breaks.
• Certification in Comprehensive Housing Counseling and Financial Coaching within the first 9 months of employment, if not already certified in both.
• Meets or exceeds impact measures / performance goals.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week to be performed both on site and remote as needed. The Intake Specialist/Case Manager may be required to travel nationally to attend training and maintain certifications. This position is contingent upon the availability of grant funding.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume Attn: Samantha Marshall email@example.com by September 6, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org