Website Acts Housing
Reporting to the Vice President of Program services, the Homebuyer Coaching Director will oversee the Homebuyer Coaching department in providing HUD approved homebuyer counseling. The Homebuyer Coaching Director will promote the expansion of Acts’ services and brand, discover and implement best practice models of family financial planning services, and supervise the Homebuyer Coaching Manager and team.
This person should have excellent leadership skills with the ability to juggle quickly changing priorities and ensure effective operations of the department.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise the Homebuyer Coaching Manager and team to ensure families receive a positive, consistent experience with Acts Housing.
- Research, document, and implement industry best practices, policies, and financial coaching that are in compliance with HUD (US Department of Housing and Urban Development) program guidelines.
- Train and hold team accountable to commitments; develop metrics to ensure that written processes and procedures for effective and efficient program operations are consistently followed.
- Ensure that the intake process for individuals seeking homebuyer counseling is timely, professional, and efficient.
- Manage and report on compliance with various grant programs including HUD; serve as the Acts administrative contact for HUD.
- Identify short and long-term strategic goals to maintain counseling efficiency and compliance.
- Establish department metrics that drive performance and help to inform efforts in other departments, such as marketing.
- Research and develop partnerships with counseling or financial literacy partner agencies.
- Oversee lender and other local Acts partner relations management.
- Track grant and loan resource availability and regularly reports this information to the VPP.
- Represent Acts at media events, community meetings, speaking engagements, and housing fairs.
- Evaluate training needs and growth opportunities for the counseling staff.
- Provide support in any area of the organization as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role; experience in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, or related field (or commensurate work experience)
- Certification or willingness to become HUD certified to deliver home purchase counseling and education within 8-months
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Able to visit Beloit office regularly – valid driver’s license and insured vehicle required
- Experience implementing and managing nonprofit service programs
- Ability to effectively manage people and operate in a fast-paced, growing organization; ability to manage frequent change and operate within “gray” area
- Highly organized; knowledge of procedures and systems for managing reports, files, and records
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to quickly resolve issues in order to support staff
- Experience interacting and engaging with media and other external stakeholders to explain service offerings and develop relationships
- Strong background in procedures, process improvement, policy development, and metrics
- Knowledge of economic and banking principles; able to analyze and report on financial data
- Confident personality with the ability to address issues head-on in a tactful way
Physical activity of this position:
- a) Able to stand, particularly for sustained periods of time to deliver presentations,
- b) Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling,
- c) Able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, or move from one work site to another,
- d) Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly,
- e) Hearing, perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- f) Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid
- Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan – term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.